About Us:The Hub of a Movement
Welcome to CuttingEdgeLaw.com!
in recent years, the legal system has been undergoing rapid change that has often been under the radar of the public and general media. Many new models of law have emerged and have begun to enter the mainstream in a way that has been heralded as a Movement in Law. This movement focuses on a more holistic, humanistic, solution-based approach to resolving legal problems. Called by many names, it seemed to spring up in many places and many areas of law about the same time around 1990 and has grown rapidly, especially considering how slowly the legal system generally evolves.
Mission & Goals of CuttingEdgeLaw.com:
To shift the consciousness of what it means to be a lawyer, to have the legal profession recognized as an agent of transformation with lawyers as peacemakers, problem-solvers and healers of conflicts.
In supporting this movement, the goals of CuttingEdgeLaw.com are to:
• Support and promote positive innovations in law, particularly those related to the peaceful, healing and problem-solving approaches to law.
• Let lawyers who are pioneers know they are not alone, that others are using their legal training in creative and non-traditional ways that are more satisfying and contribute to making a positive, healing difference in the world that also improves their career satisfaction and life balance.
• Educate mainstream lawyers about new concepts and enroll them in adopting them, moving beyond pioneers and early adopters.
• Share tools to more fully integrate transformative and comprehensive law concepts into day-to-day legal practice.
• Encourage holistic thinking in the law including lawyers living balanced, fulfilling lives.
• Provide a forum for discussing hot topics on the cutting edge of law as a healing profession.
• Promote products, services, and events that support positive and productive transformation in the legal system.
• Connect lawyers using new approaches with clients seeking those services and educate the public about the non-adversarial methods.
• Support transformation of legal education and judiciary
. Be a catalyst for shifting the expectations and experience of clients around the legal system.
With the election of President Barack Obama, the world now has a prominent example and role model of the new solutions-focused lawyer rather than the polarizing and combative examples of the past.